Many NDIS Participants are familiar with accessing a respite service. Under the NDIS there is no item listed as ‘respite’, which can cause confusion. The good news is respite is still available and is now called Short Term Accommodation. Our short-term accommodation, can help you grow your independence and get you out and about in the community.
What is Short-Term Accommodation (STA)?
Short Term Accommodation is accessible for short periods of time when a NDIS participant’s usual supports and/or accommodation cannot be accessed.
At No Limits Community Services, we believe that carers need some caring too which is why we offer Weekday, Weekend, In-Home or a mix of these respite services. Parents and carers can take time out to relax and recharge knowing that their son or daughter with a disability is in a safe, caring and stimulating environment to practice day-to-day skills to grow their independence.
You can use our short-term accommodation services whether you have physical, intellectual or multiple disabilities. We provide services that are tailored to support adults, teenagers and children. You can hang out with your friends, do fun activities and learn how to do things for yourself.
Benefits of Short-Term Accommodation:
- Participants can use this opportunity to take a break from their regular schedules
- Our team will look closely at individual needs including diet and health needs and make every effort to match other people of a similar age and interests.
- Respite is an opportunity to connect with and socialise with new people
- Short Term Accommodation is an opportunity to experience supported independent living.
- 24/7 staff support in the STA house
How is STA funded:
Our STA is available in Craigieburn, Victoria and Darwin, Northern Territory. It is funded through your NDIS Plan – short term accommodation and assistance.
- It includes all expenses in a 24-hour period including assistance with daily personal activities, accommodation, food and other activities.
- The cost for this service will be discussed and agreed with you and/or your representative prior to the admission. The cost will be based on the number of participants staying in the STA property at the time and the level of support you require.
- The cost per night varies for Weekdays (Mon–Fri), Saturdays, Sundays, and Public Holidays.
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
No Limits Community Services offers guidance on the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) for your child, family member or those you support with a disability.
Offices: Level 1, Suite 22, 797 Plenty Road South Morang, Victoria 3752. 16/9 Charlton Court, Woolner NT 0820
(T): 03 9422 5470
(T): 08 8927 1914